I joined Weight Watchers!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

So for those of you who don't know, I joined Weight Watchers about four months ago.  I have always struggled with my weight. For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. Not severely overweight but enough to cause me concern. After having my daughter three years ago, I got right back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of about 160-165 and then I gained about 15-20lbs. My sister had a birthday celebration in March and in every picture all I saw was puffiness. When I stepped on the scale and saw that I had hit 180lbs (and I'm only 5'3) I knew it was time to do something drastically different.

At my biggest, 182.
Let me say this. I love food!  I am truly a fat kid at heart.  I have a degree in Culinary Arts and the Food Network and I were, at one point, the very best of friends. I love trying new things and different restaurants and I never ate for energy, I ate for enjoyment.

So, when I saw that my love for food had led me to the puffiness I had grown to hate, Weight Watchers became the next step in my journey. I joined Weight Watchers on March 27, 2011 weighing in at 182.4 with a goal weight of 135. The first week was torture, mostly the first two days, I had a headache and was dizzy most of the day and mentally, it was work. But soon I started seeing how to make the plan work for me and the weight started to come off.

I have had extreme support from family, friends, and coworkers. My coworkers check in with me constantly asking, "how many points is that?" and "how was your meeting?" and we laugh at the fact that part of the way I stay losing weight is by motivating myself with food. My one major food motivation was Joe's Famous Steak and Cheese. Best steak and cheese in Boston. The rule was this, when I meet my halfway goal, I could have one...

 ...and it has happened!! Today, when I weighed in, I was 158.2 and I have lost a total of 24.2 lbs. Not only have I reached my halfway goal, but if I lose even .8 next week, I will reach my 25lb goal and get a charm to add to my keychain that I received when I reached my previous goal. People have started to see a difference in how I look and even I am able to notice more definition in my face ...and that horrible puffiness is almost gone. I have a collar bone again, lol!

Weight Watchers goal keychain

Last month. One month before reaching my halfway goal.

I still have a ways to go before I reach goal, but every little mini goal in between keeps me motivated. Some days its still a struggle not to eat all the things I enjoy the way I want to eat them but I work them in in moderation and it keeps me motivated.  I have lost the first half of my weight without any real exercise (other than Just Dance and the Michael Jackson Experience on the Wii which I will master by the time Im done with this) but now I will be working on adding in a more constant workout both to speed up my weight loss and to tone all the areas that dieting wont fix.

Weight Watchers really works, y'all and Im excited to keep pushing forward!!

3 comments

  1. Wow! Congrats on losing all of that weight! You are a true inspiration for women who aren't happy with their weight.

    Keep it up, hun :)

    -Chokolatnoir

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great in that last pic! Good luck on your goals!

    www.curlychellez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete