Mickey Mouse Extravaganza: Our Disney Gear

Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm a little late with this post being that I am out in California but I quickly wanted to share with you guys the shirts and headbands that I made for Disney.  I kept it really simple given my time restraints to get this project done and I wanted to add our names but then rethought having my 3 year old's name on her shirt. Then I was gonna add "Mom" and "Kid" to the back of our shirts but time didn't allow for it, but that would have been a fun addition.

I bought some Simply Spray fabric spray paint and then searched online for some Mickey images I thought would work for this project.  I found this one for my shirt:


This represented the Disney Channel of my day in the 80's and early 90's. Then I found this one for ZeeBee:


This is representative of the Disney of today that she watches.

I cut out our individual stencils.




Then I put a piece of cardboard inside of the shirts to make sure the paint didn't bleed through.


Then I layed out the stencil on the shirt, covered around it with pieces of paper so that there was no rouge spray paint, and sprayed the shirts (I covered the top part of the shirt too).



Now this brand of spray paint DID NOT stand up to the black shirt so when it dried the stencil was all but invisible so I had to get a pink shirt and redo it. But Zee's shirt was already pink and I was using black paint for hers so it worked out perfectly first time around.


Then I cut out a little piece of ribbon and made a Minnie bow for Zee's "Mickey" head. I then hand sewed the bow to the shirt.



That was it!! I also made one of Yellow Blackbird's T-Shirt Mickey Ear Headbands for Zaiah and embellished a simple black headband with some Mickey head stick-ons for me



 ...and here is our Disney gear!!




A super simple way to celebrate the magic of Disney without spending all the extra bucks! Tomorrow we'll spend the entire day jumping back and forth between Disneyland and California Adventure so I'll post some pics of us wearing our special shirts. Disneyland here we come!!








15 comments

  1. Hi there! Found you through the hop. Would love for you to stop by my blog Diaper Style Memoirs and say hello. Enter the Amazing Giveaway we have going on while you're there :)

    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! We are headed there in October, but I'm not sure if my 2 yo son wants to wear a mickey headband :-) Following from the bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesomeness! Simple, yet so creative. Keep it up! :)


    ___
    call Bangladesh

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is sOOOOO FUN!!! i bet they loved it all:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Frugalicious Me! Im now following you via GFC! I LOVE the PINK Disney T & the blingy headband! So smart & creative!
    I Love it!
    XOXO,
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shirts and the headband! My daughter is so into Disney these days. Visiting from Seven Thirty Three.

    If you have time, I would love for you to join my first giveaway:

    http://ofpinksandfairytales.blogspot.com/2011/09/giveaway-my-memories-suite.html

    Hope to see you there!

    Janelle
    Of Pinks and Fairy Tales

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so so so cute! I love all of the details and meaning that went into making your little one not only shirts but hair accessories as well! That would have costed you a small fortune at a store! Great job and sweet inspirations! Thank you so much for linking up at crafty scrappy happy!!!
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so cute!

    It was great to see you at Scrappy Saturdays, don't forget to come back this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a big Disney fan, I LOVE this! I have pinned these ideas so I can share them with friends. You did a great job and I can't imagine how much that would have cost at Disney.

    I am a new follower from the Boost My Blog Friday Hop. If you have a chance, come by http://messforless.blogspot.com and say hi!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tutorial. I think they look awesome. New follower from the Creative Bloggers hop. Hope you stop by and visit. http://grandmabonniesweeclassroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such a great post!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for linking this post up to Serenity Saturday

    just lovely!!!

    hope you can share with us again this week

    Natasha xx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Disney lover here LOVING your Disneyfied crafts!!! Can't wait to read more of your posts! *goes to stalk archives* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What type of paint or dye did you use? Thanks! Love these shirts!

    ReplyDelete