I've been kind of MIA this last week. Been taking the holidays to spend some quality time with my family but I'm back. I hope you guys had a great Christmas. Ours was wonderful!! We just relaxed and had fun together as a family, and laughed, and Zee played with all her new toys ...and I got a new sewing machine!! You know what that means. New projects to share with all of you :) Overall it was a great day and a great long weekend.
Now, tomorrow is the beginning of the new year and even though it's just the next day, I always like the idea of starting fresh ...a new beginning. I've never been really big on making new year's resolution, simply because I am not that great at sticking to them, but I figured this year, what the heck. Might as well write down a few things I would like to stick to and at least give it a try. If I don't stick to them, no harm done, but if I do, I will have made some accomplishments. I always think back to the quote, "A year from now you will have wished you started today." It kind of motivates me not to procrastinate. So here are my resolutions for 2012 for me personally and for Everything Under the Moon.
1. Get Organized - I am usually a big ball of chaos but being a Virgo (if one believes in that sort of thing) I operate far better in organized space. I feel like an entirely different person when I have all of my ducks in a row. So this year, I am going to strive to keep some kind of organization in my home, my job, and my life.
2. Control my road rage - It's bad guys. I get like REALLY angry and spout all times of horrible words at the people on the road who shouldn't be. As a matter of fact, this resolution should be, control the potty mouth and be nicer. My potty mouth isn't horrible but it would feel better if it were more ...non-existent. So yeah, control the rage and the potty mouth and just have more patience overall.
3. Stick to Weight Watchers - I've kind of been slipping recently so I want to stick to that more hardcore and try to fit in more exercise. I want to be more mobile in general, more active. Hard when you're in front of a computer half your life (on the computer at work ALL DAY), but I'm definitely going to try.
4. Get closer to God - This is an every day goal for me that I always feel like I am failing at. I need to find some way to make my relationship with God stronger so this is a MAJOR one for me. Whether I go to church more regularly or study my Bible more, I need to do something to strengthen that relationship and feel closer to God.
5. Be less selfish - I'm not so much selfish in that I only think of myself but more in that I don't think of others enough that I'm satisfied in being the best person I can be to others. My mom does so much for me and I feel like I need to do more for her. Just want to do more for the people I love.
I think those are my five major goals for myself for 2012. Really just self-motivating and getting things done and becoming the person I want to be.
Everything Under the Moon:
1. Make the blog a better reflection of me - I'm not always happy with this blog because I want it to better reflect me as a person and all of things I love to do. I tend to be very eclectic and I do a little bit of everything, so it's hard sometimes to have that come across in my blog. But I think I found the perfect new blog designer to help me represent myself visually and I think the new look will really help in making this blog more of what I want it to be.
2. More varied content - I want to have more variety on my blog. Sometimes I think Im so concerned with the organization of the blog I hold back in posting all the different kinds of things I could be sharing. I want to have more photography one here, more natural hair posts, more food, and more writing. More me just sharing with you. I dont want to worry so much about the number of my followers but more about the content that Im sending out to those who already follow.
I have many more things I would like to work on in the new year that involve my family, etc. but I think those are my major resolution for 2012 as far as bettering myself and this blog. Do any of you have any resolutions for the the new year? Is there anything you want to see 2012 bring you? Another exciting year, you guys. Let's get everything we can out of it!!
Happy New Year to all of you!!
I started this blog in 2011 and you have made this year completely awesome!
Let's do even more greatness together in 2012!!