Strawberry Milkshakes and Pretty Pink Toes

Sunday, February 12, 2012



Since Valentine's Day falls on a Tuesday, we decided to start some of our Valentine's festivities today. On weekdays, we wake up just in time to get dressed and get in a quick cereal breakfast and we get home a little too late to really do much, so I spent today giving my little one Valentine's treats. She'll still get some little things on the big day but we had a mommy/daughter day today.



We started out with a yummy Valentine's breakfast. Today we had heart pancakes w/ homemade strawberry milkshakes that we made together. 





Everything was very simple. I just mixed up some instant pancake batter and used red food coloring to make some of them pink and then I cut the hearts in them and mixed 'em up. I saw a photo, on Pinterest where someone had done this and I thought it was extra cute!

For our strawberry milkshakes, I just sliced up strawberries and let them soak in sugar and vanilla for an hour. I then blended them together with milk and strawberry ice cream until smooth and poured them into small mason jars.  I embellished my mason jars with paper hearts, Valentine ribbon and stripey straws ;)





Next stop, the spa! We got mommy/daughter mani's and pedi's. It was Zee's first time and she loved it!! They made little flowers on her fingers and toes and she felt like a big girl sitting in the pedicure chair. We had a great time and she was really excited :)



All in all, we had a super fun, love-filled time and I'm looking forward to even more on the actual day ;)


I hope you all have a fabulous Valentines Day filled with love!!

2 comments