Lumosity on Fleek

Tuesday, February 24, 2015


I finally went for my second round of AD(H)D testing and it was a total workout for your brain. It was like playing Lumosity for 2 hours straight. They told me testing would take about 4 hours but it was a little more than half that. I don't if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  The little weirdo in me actually enjoyed the testing a little because most of it was like playing a really hard trivia game.  There were time when the exercises were repetitive and then I started getting a little bored/restless but for the most part it was fine.

The only thing I didn't really like about this whole testing process was that I felt like I never really got to talk about anything that is going on with me in any detail.  The first round, the doctor just fired off questions about myself and what's going on with me and I had to answer quickly like I was playing $100,000 Pyramid (dating myself). I HATED IT.  I felt like none of my answers were fully true because I had no time to explain anything.  It's part of the reason it took so long for me to go back.  I was completely out of comfort zone and felt like it caused a misrepresentation of self.  I am kind of a perfectionist and because of that I like to explain myself in as much detail as possible and the process didn't allow for that.

I did fill out a lot of questionnaires which I hope will better represent me but even that's hard.

"On scale of 1-5 how often does blah-blah happen?" 
"I don't know not quite 4 but more than 3?? Is 3.5 an option?" 0_0

Needless to say, I am not quite sure an accurate picture of me can be painted from the tests. I mean, I'm no doctor, but how can you diagnose someone if you haven't actually sat them down and found out in detail what is going on?  Yes, I know they're doctors and this is what they do but who on this Earth knows me better than me?

Is it weird that I am concerned that they will say there is nothing wrong?  Not that I want there to be a problem but I know there is ...so to not have it diagnosed seems like more of a failure on their part and is not actually helping me.

Have any of my readers gone through testing for AD(H)D for themselves or their children?  Do you feel the tests gave an accurate representation? I would love to hear your experience.


No comments

Post a Comment