For my random act of kindness today, I am spreading awareness.
When I was six years old, my father died as a result of cardiovascular disease. Today, I am spreading awareness of the treatment and prevent of heart disease and the American Heart Association.
Did you know that heart disease is the leading cause of death among men and women?
Important Facts about heart disease from the CDC:
- Coronary heart disease is the most common type of heart disease. In 2005, 445,687 people died from coronary heart disease.
- Every year about 785,000 Americans have a first heart attack. Another 470,000 who have already had one or more heart attacks have another attack.
- For people with heart disease, studies have shown that lowering cholesterol and blood pressure levels can reduce the risk of—
- Dying from heart disease.
- Having a nonfatal heart attack.
- Needing heart bypass surgery or angioplasty.
- For people without heart disease, lowering cholesterol and blood pressure levels can reduce the risk for developing heart disease.
Did you know that since 1949 the American Heart Association has spent more than $3.3 billion on research in the prevention of heart disease and stroke?
The AHA offers suggestions for a healthy heart which include eating nutritiously, healthy physical activity, weight management, eating healthy fats, stress management, and quit smoking.
The American Hear Association raises money to fund their research and of you would like to help with this cause you can donate here:
For more information or more ways that you can help please visit the AHA at www.heart.org
I dedicate this post to my father, Franklin. Daddy, your girls miss you bunches!!
Have you spread any kindness today?