12 Days of Christmas - Felt Circle Christmas Tree

Sunday, December 18, 2011

{Our Wonderfilled Life}



May your days be merry and bright with this beautiful felt tree from Michelle, kicking off the decor portion of our party!!


* * *


Hi there!!
I'm Michelle from Our Wonderfilled Life, and 
it's a great morning to be here at Nikki's gorgeous blog!!
When I am not wrangling my five little men,
I like to make our little corner of the world a little 
more merry and bright especially during the holidays!! 


I have a super simple and colorful project to share with you today.
First I have to share a little story behind the inspiration.  


Every year we get bundled up from head to toe and 
LOVE going to our local Christmas walk.
It draws a HUGE crowd, in the thousands.  
They have a Live Nativity, candy cane pull, carriage rides, so many fun activities.  
The most magical part of the night is the lighting
of the 50 ft. Christmas tree!!
{Try fitting that one in your living room!}



While I am usually a white twinkly lights kind of gal,
I adore how colorful this tree is. 
{Clark Griswold eat your heart out!}


All of the colors inspired me to make 
 this pretty little felt tree...


If we put it in Vegas alongside the Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty, 
well it just might be to scale!

I am giving this one to my niece
along with a giftcard to Charming Charlies.
{an accessory shop full of visual eye candy!}
So, the two will go together perfectly!  

To make one of your own you will need:
assorted colors of felt
floral cone {mine was 6 inches tall}
colorful sewing pins
an object to use as a circle template
scissors
pencil or marker


1. Gather supplies.
2. Trace circle onto felt using template.
3. Template used here is about 1.5 inches.
4. Cut out circles 
{I used 39 and folded felt
over to cut more than one at a time}
5. Pin circles onto tree, overlapping circles
as shown and centering pin.
6. Continue wrapping circles around.
7. And some more, use a pattern to ensure all colors
are being used.
8.  Flatten circles and make sure all pins are secure.
9. Enjoy your merry-n-bright tree!!

This adorable tree would be a great teacher gift,
{with an attached giftcard}.
You could also make an assortment of solid color trees 
and place them along a mantel, on a child's shelves,
so many different options and so so simple and budget-friendly!



I want to thank Nikki again for being such an
amazing host, and letting me stop on in to share
project with you!  


I hope your holidays are 
merry + bright!

{michelle}

1 comment

  1. thanks for having me Nikki, so much great inspiration in your party, happy to be part of it!!

    ReplyDelete