12 Days of Christmas - Holiday Apothecary Jars

Sunday, December 18, 2011


Perfectly display your holiday goodies in these apothecary jars by Kelli!!


* * *



Hi everyone!  And a big thanks to Nikki for having me today.  I am Kelli from The Turquoise Piano.  I'm a full time wife and mommy with a part time obsession with home staging, real estate searching, DIY-ing, and blogging.  I started my blog for a place to post all the projects that were inundating my family blog.

Today I want to share how to make your very own apothecary jars for under $10.  These are awesome for any season because you can pick one color for the base and lid, then fill the jars with candies to suit the season.

Step #1: a trip to the thrift store where I bought three mason jars and three different sized vases for a total of $3.75.

Step #2: wash those suckers.  I used the dishwasher, but you could hand wash them if you want to deal with it.

Step #3: spray paint the vases.

Step #4: glue the mason jar lids to the rims, and then glue the knobs (that I got on clearance at Ikea) to the lids.  I used super glue for this step.  


Step #5: spray paint the lids the same color as the vases.

 Step #6: Gorilla Glue the mason jars to the top of the vases.  This glue works like a charm!
Finally, for step #7 I filled the jars with candy and screwed the lids on.


Hope to see you over at The Turquoise Piano where you can check out some other great tutorials like my Anthropologie inspired lamp tutorial and, obviously, the actual turquoise piano.








2 comments

  1. They are super cute. Love the turquoise.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I love that you used vases instead of candlesticks! Way cute:)

    ReplyDelete