So... paint freezes.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Wait... by frozen I don't mean like the movie, Frozen.  Although that is kind of an Elsa blue but that totally has nothing to do with this post. This post is about painting day and the fact that paint does in fact freeze.  That was my revelation today and maybe it sounds dumb, like obviously paint freezes, it's water based but somehow I just thought chemicals and such would keep it fluid ...like alcohol. I don't know. All I know is I went to paint the kiddo's big girl room and the paint was solid ice.

Today we were supposed to be painting Zee's big girl room. Zee is my little six year old and she hasn't had her own room since she had a nursery and now she is getting one back and so today was paint day!



...or so we thought. As you're all aware, we have gotten the world's share of snow this winter in the Northeast and dummy me left the paint in the trunk.  So needless to say paint day didn't happen, we only got to do trim ...and eat Spaghetti O's (with hot dogs of course)! Ultimate crappy comfort food.


Lesson of the day: Water freezes and there's lots of it in water-based paint  0_0

Happy Sunday!

No comments

Post a Comment